I’ve been away with the Microsoft Dive Club for 10 days and boy do I have some catching up to do. We were diving off the coast of Tanzania and although we could get a phone signal, there was no data service which meant 10 days out of e-mail contact. The only work related news we heard was the departure of Brian Valentine.
I’ve got my unread messages down to 266. I also found that when I dialed in to set my voice mail message I said “I’ll be away until Wednesday 13th July” instead of “September” – which created some confusion ….
One bit of news that’s worth sharing is that we’ve recently published 15 step-by-step guides for IT Professionals.
- Deploying Vista Step by Step Guide.doc
- Managing Group Policy ADMX Files Step by Step Guide.doc
- Managing Roaming User Data Deployment Guide.doc
- Performance Monitoring and Tuning Step by Step Guide.doc
- Print Management Step by Step Guide.doc
- Step by Step Guide to Controlling Device Installation and Usage with Group Policy.doc
- Step by Step Guide to Device Driver Signing and Staging.doc
- Step-by-Step Guide to Managing Multiple Local Group Policy.doc
- User Account Control Step by Step Guide.doc
- Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide (September 2006).doc
- Windows Vista Beta 2 Migration Step by Step Guide.doc
- Windows Vista Beta 2 Trusted Platform Module Services Step by Step Guide (May 2006).doc
- Windows Vista Multilingual User Interface Step by Step Guide.doc
- Windows Vista Speech Recognition Step by Step.doc
- Windows Vista Windows Meeting Space Step by Step Guide.doc
I’ve skimmed through most of these and they look like a good way to get up to speed quickly.
This post originally appeared on my technet blog.